China’s first exchange-traded gold future’s option was listed on 20th December 2019 on the Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE). While gold options already existed in China, these were traded over-the-counter (OTC) on the OTC market platform at the Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE) and linked to physical gold products.
Goldhub blog: Posts tagged with "China"
- Chinese gold prices rose modestly in July
- Au(T+D)’s trading volume in July extended its June surge
- The local gold premium saw a much lower volatility
- Imports registered another decline, dropping to 55t in July
- Gold withdrawals from Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE) experienced the first rise in four months
- The People’s Bank of China (PBoC) added another 10t to its gold reserves
We will soon be launching two regular blog posts– monthly updates on India and China by Mukesh and Ray, our analysts in Mumbai and Shanghai. These monthly posts will provide a snapshot of the health of these two global heavyweights, which together account for around half of annual global consumer demand.
Week ending 1 March 2019