- Gold gained 1.5% in October in the face of higher bond yields, as a surge in inflation expectations, a weaker dollar, and improving futures positioning helped propel it higher, as highlighted by our return attribution model
- Gold ETFs have shown net disinvestment in 2021 but vaulted physical holdings and bar and coin markets suggest solid investment appetite from longer-term investors
- Some central banks are beginning to raise rates or taper asset purchases and investors are beginning to focus on flattening rates curves and their potential implications if the trend continues
- What is the significance of the launch of the first US bitcoin ETF?
- How does the recent runup in commodities’ prices fit with the increased interest in ESG investment and what are the implications for gold?
- US CPI and wages increased in September to multi-decade highs. What does this mean for gold demand and performance?