This morning we released the Global gold-backed ETF flows report for April which highlighted gold-backed ETFs (gold ETFs) had inflows for a sixth straight month.
Highlights of the report include:
- Gold ETF inflows of 170 tonnes(t) or US$9.3bn (+5.1%) during the month
- New all-time holdings of 3,355t and assets under management of US$184bn
- North America drove the bulk of global gold ETF inflows in April
- SPDR® Gold Shares and iShares Gold Trust represented 71% of all global inflows in April
- Gold ETF assets have grown 80% in the past year