Executive Programme in Gold Reserves Management 2016
19th September 2016 - 09:00 to 23rd September 2016 - 17:00
Location: University of Cambridge Judge Business School, Cambridge, CB2 1AG
Categories: Reserve asset management
After a successful couple of years at UC Berkeley, the World Gold Council brought its flagship Executive Programme in Reserve Asset Management to the University of Cambridge in 2016.
For further information, please email us.
This year, the University of Cambridge Judge Business School and the World Gold Council hosted the 2016 programme in world famous Cambridge surroundings. The programme included a debate at the Cambridge Union Society, a networking dinner in the idyllic Queen's College and a closing lunch at the UK Parliament in London.
The Executive Programme in Gold Reserves Management is the World Gold Council’s flagship training programme for central bankers and finance ministry officials from around the world. Led by distinguished scholars from Cambridge, experts from the World Gold Council, leading gold industry insiders, and policymakers from both central banks and international institutions, the Executive Programme covered three groups of topics: gold market fundamentals, technical aspects of holding and trading gold, and portfolio management and optimisation. The programme also acts as a global forum for central bankers and ministry officials throughout the world to exchange views and share best practices in gold reserve management.
- Dame Kate Barker, Former Member of the BoE Monetary Policy Committee
- Professor Jagit Chadha, Professor of Economics, Keynes College, University of Kent
- Dr David Chambers, Reader in Finance, Academic Director of the Newton Centre for Endowment Asset Management (CEAM), Cambridge Judge Business School
- Ezechiel Copic, Director of Central Banks & Public Policy, World Gold Council
- Natalie Dempster, Managing Director of Central Banks & Public Policy, World Gold Council
- Heidi Elmér, Head of Markets Department, Riksbank
- Dr Tatiana Fic, Director of Central Banks & Public Policy, World Gold Council
- Tim Fogarty, Formerly Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Benoît Gilson, Head of the FX and Gold Desk, Bank for International Settlements
- Dawn Holland, Senior Economic Affairs Officer, United Nations
- Matthew Keen, Former Director of Precious Metals, Deutsche Bank and Chair of the London Gold Fix
- Erkan Kilimci, Vice Governor, Central Bank of Turkey
- Michael Kitson, University Senior Lecturer in International Macroeconomics, Cambridge Judge Business School
- Sakhila Mirza, General Counsel, London Bullion Market Association
- John Nugée, Former Chief Manager of Reserves, Bank of England and Senior Adviser to OMFIF
- Brian Penny, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, New Gold
- Marwan Shakarchi, Chairman of MKS (Switzerland) SA
- Kenneth Sullivan, Former Senior Financial Expert, International Monetary Fun
- Clemens Werner, Market Operations, Bundesbank