For demand and supply data, please see Gold Demand Trends.
The gold price used in this interactive chart are supplied by BullionDesk. This price is quoted in US dollars. Where the gold price is presented in currencies other than the US dollar, it is converted into the local currency unit using the foreign exchange rate at the time (or as close to as possible).
This interactive chart provides price data in several currencies, frequencies and weight units. The first price series selected will be displayed in currency units on the primary vertical axis (left). The second series added will be displayed in currency units on the secondary vertical axis (right). Thereafter, price series will be zero-indexed to the first displayed date with the axis values displayed as cumulative % changes.
- USD = US dollar
- GBP = pound sterling
- EUR = euro
- AUD = Australian dollar
- CAD = Canadian dollar
- CHF = Swiss franc
- JPY = Japanese yen
- ZAR = South African rand
- INR = Indian rupee
- CNY = Chinese renminbi
- HKD = Hong Kong dollar
- MXN = Mexican peso
- Oz = 1 troy ounce
- Grammes = 0.032151 troy ounces
- Kg = 32.150747 troy ounces
- Tonnes = 32,150,7466 troy ounces
- Tael = 1.203370 troy ounces
- Tola = 0.374878 troy ounces
- Optimised data at the following frequencies:
- Between now and 5 years ago - daily
- 5 years ago and 15 years ago - weekly
- 15 years ago and 25 years ago - monthly
- more than 25 years ago - quarterly
- Daily, please note loading daily data will slow down the chart system.