African Mining Indaba 2015
9th February 2015 - 09:00 to 12th February 2015 - 18:00
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Categories: Gold mining and sustainable development
At African Mining Indaba 2015, the World Gold Council will again be highlighting gold’s positive contributions to economies and society, focusing specifically on the impacts of responsible gold mining on local growth and development.
Visit the World Gold Council at the African Mining Indaba Exhibition: stand 3602
We will also be on hand in the main exhibition hall to explain the drivers of global gold demand and how we engage with and shape the key gold markets.
The World Gold Council will be chairing a panel discussion on the main platform on Wednesday 11 February.
Increasing local value; the catalytic potential of responsible gold mining
Wednesday 11 February 2015, 11.35 - 12.20
Venue: Main Stage, CTICC
- Johan Ferreira, Regional Senior Vice President and Head of Operations, Africa, Newmont
- Krista Hendry, Senior Specialist at Monkey Forest Consulting
- Anita George, Senior Director, Global Practice on Energy & Extractives, The World Bank
- Kojo Busia, Interim Director, African Mineral Development Centre
- Terry Heymann, Managing Director, Gold for Development (Moderator)
World Gold Council contact: John Mulligan at firstname.lastname@example.org
African Mining Indaba is the world’s largest gathering of mining’s most influential stakeholders and decision-makers vested in African mining. The event has recently been attracting in excess of 7,000 individuals representing more than 2,000 international companies from over 100 countries. In addition, over 30 African and non-African government delegations will be participating. This is where the world connects with African mining.
Global professionals including key mining analysts, fund managers, investment specialists, and governments clearly define Mining Indaba as their preferred venue for obtaining the most current economic and mining developments from the world’s leading experts on African mining. It is held annually at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
Several World Gold Council Member companies will be present and active at Indaba and, as the market development organisation for the gold industry, the World Gold Council is pleased to be a sponsor and participant at this important industry event.
The World Gold Council’s role is to stimulate and sustain demand for gold and we do this by:
- providing research and insights into the international gold markets, helping people to better understand the wealth preservation qualities of gold and its role in meeting the social and environmental needs of society, today and tomorrow
- in collaboration with partners, intervening to deliver solutions and create new markets, which increase and sustain the demand for gold.
- working with our members and key market participants to increase transparency and trust in the supply chain and contribute to a sustainable and vibrant industry on both the supply and demand side.