African Mining Indaba
3rd February 2014 - 09:15 to 6th February 2014 - 17:00
Location: Cape Town
At African Mining Indaba, the World Gold Council highlighted gold’s positive contributions to economies and society, whilst also demonstrating the diversity of the drivers of gold demand and explaining how we engage with and shape the key markets and broader market landscape.
The World Gold Council participated in a panel discussion on the main platform on Wednesday 5 February and hosted a seminar on Gold for Health.
Gold for Health
© Julian Goldswain
- Dr Trevor Keel - Head of Technology, World Gold Council
- Dr Brian Chicksen - Vice President Sustainability: Health and EVP Support, AngloGold Ashanti
- Dr Brian Brink - Group Chief Medical Officer, Anglo American and Board Member, The Global Fund
- Dr Alexis Nang-Beifubah - Regional Director of Health Services in Ghana,
- Dr Devanand (Patrick) Moonasar - Director Malaria, National Department of Health (South Africa)
Responsible Gold Mining and Value Distribution in Africa
© Julian Goldswain
- Terry Heymann – Managing Director, Gold for Development, World Gold Council
- Nick Holland – CEO, Goldfields
- Nicky Newton-King – CEO, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Jeremy Webb, Information Specialist, African Minerals Development Centre of the UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
- Moderator: Itumeleng Mahabane – Partner, Head of South Africa, Brunswick
African Mining Indaba is the world’s largest mining investment event and Africa’s largest mining event. Global professionals including key mining analysts, fund managers, investment specialists, and governments clearly define Mining Indaba as their preferred venue for obtaining the most current economic and mining developments from the world’s leading experts on African mining. It is held annually at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in Cape Town, South Africa and is organised by Mining Indaba LLC.